During British rule, it was part of Jehlum. There are two famous places, a worth seen, situated near Neelwahn, one is Takht-e-Babri (Throne of Babar) and the second one is Bagh-e-Safa garden. It is located near Kallar Kahar which also has tourist attractions. Neelwahn Ponds are at the 40-minute drive from Kallar Kahar. Due to its clean and cold blue water, it is famous among locals and outsiders.
- The total distance from Rawalpindi to Neelwahn Ponds is approximately 140 Kilometers.
- The road distance between Lahore and Neelwahn Ponds is almost 275 kilometers.
- The road distance between Peshawar and Neelwahn Ponds is nearly 270Km.
- Must wear the hiking shoes
- Keep yourself away from the deep areas of the pond if you don’t know swimming
- Guides are there who can help you to reach at the exact location but be aware to spend extra money on them as this is not so tricky to reach the spot
- Keep food and drinks with you once you reach there
- Keep your personal belongings in safe custody
- There is a difficult hiking track so avoid accompanying kids or old age people with you to this location.
- Respect families